... wanted to share with you, is a list about things that I never understood about the Harry Potter books.

This post is pretty much for those out there, who have read the books. Otherwise it might contain spoilers. (I wish I knew when was the best time to stop posting spoiler alerts for books that came out ages ago.)








1. Why are kids sorted into 4 different houses?
And especially, why is there still a Slytherin house? I'm not asking this because I hate Slytherins (I don't), but because 3/4 of the wizarding population do. I mean, if there is a school where you have a bunch of 11 years old flinging poo at a quarter of their peers, why not just live that house out? I'm not exactly sure I would want my child to go to a school where the favorite past-time is to curse, threaten and humiliate each other. Also: What the hell is a Hufflepuff?

2. Why the hell don't people just look at each others' hands?
It is well known in that world, that Voldemort's lackeys all wear a tattoo on their left forearm. I was wondering why didn't anyone ask -for example- the Malfoys to present their arms? Or ask every student who walks in the door of Hogwarts to show their skin? And don't talk about personal privacy. In my opinion the only people who would be offended at this would be the people who already have the mark.



3. Why do wizards even have currencies?
So among the first thing an eleven year old wizard or witch learns is a summoning charm. I think every normal person out there, who would that kind of power at their hand would use it endlessly. Who the hell cares, if there is a law that states you can't transform or conjure food? You can just summon it from your local market...




4. Why do rich wizards want elves?
What are elves for? They are pretty much slaves. They cook, clean and run errands. Why the hell would a wizard want a slave anyway? They have freaking magic! One swish and the house is clean. Another and there's food on the table. Are rich wizard THAT lazy, they can't even be bothered to wave a wand?





5. Why doesn't anyone use time turners to win the war?
There must be hundreds of time turners in the Ministry of Magic. Howcome, when Harry and the gang brakes in the ministry (What the hell?) they never even think of pocketing one? Or any other person either. And if you guys say that they are too good to do that, what about the Death Eaters? They could use it to win the war...




6. The Marauder Map... (?)
Ok, so this one bothers me a bit. Howcome Fred and George never noticed that there was a man named Peter Pettigrew sleeping in the same bed with Ron every single night? I' m sure that even if they were to think their brother is gay, they would notice that there wasn't anyone in the school named Peter Pettigrew.





7. Why is Harry so unique?
I mean, howcome throughout the history there wasn't even one similar situation, where a mother protect their child from a murdering bastard? I'm fairly sure, that humankind isn't that heartless. There must have been other sacrifices like that before, right?







8. Polyjuice Potion
Holy cow! I always wondered what actually happens when you drink this. Does it change your who DNA? If you were to sleep with someone in a polyjuiced form and get pregnant who's baby would that be? Also, why don't people use it constantly? I mean, yes, it's a bit hard to make it, but if a child can do it, everyone can. Why aren't there any people robbing banks and killing people in each others' skin? And how crappy your life would be if you would know that every single hair that falls off of your head can be used against you? (Also, this potion must be the best selling thing in an adult shop ;) )

9. Felix Felicis
Another potion, I don't understand, why didn't anyone ever use in the war. Snape is perfectly capable to make it. Why did he never use it when he went spying? Why didn't Voldemort, for that matter? Oh man, I'm starting to think, that if I were a wizard I would probably be an evil overlord already.





10. Wand ownership
If disarming a person makes their wand change owners, why aren't people running around disarming each other? Also, those who were disarmed in the books during, for example, DA (Dumbledore's Army class)... howcome they can still use their wands? Also, why would kids need to buy themselves wands? Why don't they just disarm an old relative and get their wands for free?
Category: